If your current roof is the source of all your headaches (and maybe even a long list of costly home repairs), consider metal roofing options. These highly efficient, low-maintenance materials are just right for your home. If you’re thinking of taking on a metal roof, there are some things to know before you buy. In Calgary roofing metal maybe a good choice you need to choose a good roofing contractors !
Pros of Metal Roofing
* Low maintenance – The material is not sticky and can be easily cleaned. It also does not require a great deal of maintenance. There is a minimal risk for damaging and the roof is easily replaceable. However, it does require more time and energy to perform. The metal does not heal quickly, so it is possible for a roof to be damaged. This material usually requires the intervention of professional repair professionals. This may be the only time you will need to pay a repairman’s fee to your roof.
* Energy Savings – Most metal roofs are designed to save energy and money. In fact, the metal material can easily save 20% of the electricity costs. If you need to cover all of your entire home, the expense of the metal materials is negligible.
* Easy installation – Metal roofing is easy to install. The materials are thin and easy to handle. It is less expensive to install a metal roof than an asphalt shingle roof. This can make a significant difference in your budget.
Benefits of Choosing a Metal Roof
There are quite a few benefits in choosing a metal roof. If you are concerned about your environment, this may help you make a decision:
One of the biggest “pros” of metal roofs is that they last a long time. Newer homes or old homes in need of renovation have been choosing metal as their roofing material because it will last for decades. A recent McGraw-Hill report found that 26 percent of homeowners decided on metal because they thought it would last, and another 22 percent were swayed by the material’s longevity.
* Reduce heat and pollution – There is a significant amount of research that highlights the benefits of metal roofing. It can lessen the effects of heat on the environment. It can reduce the noise pollution and air pollution and can help you make a difference to help make your city and neighborhood a better place to live.
* Help your home to be energy efficient – Metal roofs help your home to be highly energy efficient. The energy saving can help you to save money on your utility costs. The home has an average R value and can help you to keep up your home with your neighborhood.
* Save on your home insurance – If you choose a metal roof that meets all of the guidelines set forth by your provenience, it can help you cut your home insurance costs. You can also help reduce the need for a replacement due to defects. It also helps to save from future insurance claims.
Metal can be effective on just about everything on your to-do list. It is a good option on just about everything. Do your research to find out which will be a good choice!
Cons Of Meta Roofing
Metal roofs are expensive. For the many years they promise of service, they can be quite costly. According to the Home Advisor’s Guide to Roofing Costs, up to $900/sq. ft. is possible with the highest-end metals, while asphalt shingles cost as little as $120/sq. ft.. Compared to other premium roofing options, however, metal costs are on par (or cheaper).
View Roofing Calgary in a full screen map
Although today’s metal roofs are designed to withstand decades of weather—including heavy snow and ice, both of which slide right down the slick metal slope rather than linger and cause leakage—some metal can still be dented by large hail or falling branches. However, depending on the type of roof, you may not even be able to walk on the metal shingles without sliding off. CON: Installing a metal roof is hard and dangerous. This ca be bad in Calgary’s terrible hail season .
In terms of durability and design flexibility, nothing beats metal roofing. Many people go with the traditional metal panels, but metal roofs have a wide variety of designs that you can choose from. If you’re looking for something more traditional, you can pick a style that resembles wood shakes, slate or clay tiles, or any other material. Metal doesn’t have to be the center of attention on your roof.